November 2014 General Election
Voter's Guide ISD/LSC Candidates ISD-LSC GUIDE Voter's Guide LSC Bond Issue No for LSC Bond
The Conservative Coalition of Harris County (CCHC PAC) puts out a voter's guide for NW Harris County voters of the non-partisan ISD and Lone Star College Trustees races during the general election. We ask the candidates to answer our questionnaire and interview with our panel. Not all candidates respond back to us. Our panel reviews all available information in each race to determine their choice for best candidate. Please refer to ISD and LSC Answers tab (in white letters at the top of this page) to see candidate's answers to our questionnaire and their web links.
Early Voting Locations available HERE
1. Reduce the size, expense and power of government entities. - Government that governs best, governs least. Self government is where good government starts but when public government gets too large it tends to interfere with the ability of individuals to govern themselves and promote justice and charity.
2. Support for the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. - These are wonderful expressions of justice and limited government.
3. Shift charity in Harris County from government entities to private groups. - When government gets involved in charity, then everyone gets on the gravy train in some fashion. Charity is the responsibility and choice of the individual and private groups not public government. Everyone has a different view of charity and a different commitment to it so let each individual have true choice in their involvement in charity and the direction of their charity. When government is involved in charity, then many people will be forced to "donate" to causes which they do not believe in.
4. No more government benefits to illegal aliens. Basic medical care is provided until deportation and deport quickly.
5. Local control - As a general rule, local government powers should not be shifted to the state or federal levels. When power is centralized it becomes more powerful and remember power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
6. Small government requires personal responsibility… so let’s quit voting in gov programs that favor our industry / lobby interests.
7. Marriage is 1 natural man & 1 natural woman. 8. Life begins at conception. - "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
9. Parents have the ultimate authority regarding their children.
10. Free Markets - We believe a free market economy is the best tool to protect liberty and promote prosperity.